Elkhorn Optimist Club
Punt - Pass and Kick Competition
Saturday, September 9, 2017
Elkhorn Middle School Football Field
3200 207th Street
Elkhorn, Nebraska 58022
Registration: 7:30 am
Competition: 8:00 - 10:00
Competition takes about 20 minutes.
1. The contest is open to boys and girls ages 6 to 15, competing in separate gender/age categories. The age categories are based on the child’s age on December 31 of this year.
2. There shall be no charge for youth to participate.
3. Participants must show proof of age (birth certificate, baptismal record, passport, etc) at
all local and District contests.
4. Participants in inter-school football competition during the fall are not eligible to compete in local Tri-Star FB contests according to Nebraska School Activities Association rules.
1. Each participant will be allowed ONE punt, ONE pass, and ONE placekick in competition. If an effort is attempted but the ball is missed completely, another attempt is allowed.
2. Scores are based on both distance and accuracy. A measuring tape will be stretched out straight ahead of the starting line. Score of each effort will be the total distance minus the deviation from the tape.
a. Distance is based on where the punt/pass/kick first contacts the ground.
b. Score is based on exact feet and nearest full inch of the effort after subtracting any deviation. Lowest score will be “0”.
c. If a participant goes over the starting line before releasing or contacting the ball, penalty of five (5) feet will be assessed. Exception: placekicking participants may cross the line without penalty provided the tee is placed on or behind the line.
d. No penalty is assessed if tee is kicked across the line with the football.
3. Final score is the cumulative total of the three events.
1. NO football shoes, cleats, or turf shoes nor bare feet or socks only are allowed.
2. Personal balls and tees may be used during warm-up. ONLY host provided equipment may
be used during competition.
3. Three sizes of footballs will be used: Ages 6-7, Ages 8-11, and Ages 12-15 balls designed by Wilson for the NFL PPK.
for more information contact: